One year of the Pro Bono Network for Human Rights
16.04.2016 / 11:11 / News
The clearinghouse run by ACTEDO, The Pro Bono Network for Human Rights, has completed one year of activity! It was a year of positively solved cases, of challenges and lessons learned, all of which we are pleased to present in The Pro Bono Network for Human Rights. Report: 2015 – The First Year of Activity.
What you will find out in the report:
- the number of persons who received legal assistance through the Pro Bono Network for Human Rights in order to solve their legal problems;
- where we received most requests for legal assistance from and which are the cities with the highest numbers of Pro Bono Lawyers;
- which areas of human rights were covered in 2015;
- why the Pro Bono Network for Human Rights is a unique project in Romania;
- which cases were the most strategic or affected the largest number of people;
- why we strongly believe that pro bono lawyering should be regulated in Romania;
- how we and the Pro Bono Lawyers understand the role of lawyers in the community and in ensuring social justice;
- recommendations and suggestions for improving the access to justice of vulnerable groups and for supporting nongovernmental organisations;
- the stories and faces of those who made the Pro Bono Network for Human Rights possible, members of ACTEDO and lawyers alike.